LitCon 2021 Professional Development Award Application
The Foundation for Struggling Readers of RRCNA is pleased to announce the availability of professional development awards for LitCon 2021 attendance. The value of each award is up to $500. All awards will be awarded through a national competition administered by RRCNA. Lead LitCon presenters are not eligible to apply since they receive waived LitCon registration.
Purpose: To help fund LitCon registration, including Preconference Workshops and Leadership Institute.
Eligibility: Applicants must be Reading Recovery teachers, teacher leaders, university trainers, or district-level administrators who support the implementation of Reading Recovery and are current members of RRCNA. Previously awarded recipients must wait two years to reapply. Not a member? Join RRCNA and discover what you’ve been missing.
Responsibilities of Recipients:
- Attend LitCon 2021
- Share the experience and learning with colleagues
- Submit a report describing the impact of the grant on your school/district within six months of attending the conference
- Give permission to RRCNA to copy any portion of this report to the grant sponsor and use any portion in an RRCNA publication
- Send a high-resolution headshot and give permission to RRCNA to use it in any RRCNA publication or to provide it to the award sponsor
- Assist RRCNA in announcing the award to any local/school media and provide RRCNA with any resulting publicity.
Applications must be submitted by November 16, 2020.
Questions? Email Carissa Hershey or call 614-310-7326.
Awards provided by:
- Tenyo Family Foundation
- Julie Olsen Professional Development Fund
- Debby Wood Memorial Fund
- Teacher Leader Professional Development Fund
- Rose Mary Estice Memorial Fund
- Minnesota Literacy Professional Development Fund